Monday, March 2, 2009

You Tube Lessons...

Here is an assignment that my kids had a lot of fun with. The assignment was to find a video of something that showed culture in a specific region of Spain. The class was on Civilization and Culture of Spain, and each student was put in a group and assigned one of the regions of Spain. When they came to class, I had a laptop with a projector set up in the class. Each student then put in their video link and then after showing the video, explained how it related to the region they had been assigned. This of course was all done in the target language. Just an example from the group that had Catalonia as their region. I will say that having open ended assignments like this, though scary from the teacher's point of view have been incredibly rewarding! I often feel like I learn more from my students on these days than I ever teach them!

No comments:

Post a Comment